Learn the facilitative mediation model that will give you the foundation needed to handle conflicts between neighbors, employers-employees, merchants-consumers, landlords-tenants, plus a variety of interpersonal conflicts.
- Acquire the skills needed to become a professional facilitative mediator
- Develop expertise in the interest-based approach
- Participate in focused role playing from comprehensive case studies
- to be a neutral third party
- to manage highly charged negotiations
- to empower clients to find solutions
This course meets the basic mediation training requirement for certification through the Washington Mediation Association.
By completing the classroom training, you qualify to apply for the DRC mentored practicum. Ask about an application.
Continuing Education Credits Available
- $795 Early Bird* (until November 23, 2019) *Note: Please select the appropriate rate option and the discount will be automatically applied.
- $895 Standard
- $350 Seattle University Law Student Rate (8 discounted spots available for SU Law students)
(payable in addition to standard registration fee )
- 36.75 CLE credits approved for attorneys licensed in WA State, 2.00 ethics and 34.75 law and legal procedure ($125 payable to DRC upon registration)
- 37.5 CEU credits for licensed social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists- pending approval ($125 payable to DRC upon registration)
- 37.5 clock hours for educators - pending approval (additional $75 payable during class to Puget Sound ESD)