June 17, 2019
Dates: June 17-21, 2019 -- 8:30am to 5:30pm
Location: Green River College (Kent Station location), 417 Ramsay Way #112, Kent, WA 98032
Learn the facilitative mediation model that will give you the foundation needed to handle conflicts between neighbors, employers-employees, merchants-consumers, landlords-tenants, plus a variety of interpersonal conflicts.
- Acquire the skills needed to become a professional facilitative mediator
- Develop expertise in the interest-based approach
- Participate in focused role playing from comprehensive case studies
- to be a neutral third party
- to manage highly charged negotiations
- to empower clients to find solutions
This 40-hour course meets the basic mediation training requirement for certification through the Washington Mediation Association.
By completing the classroom training, you qualify to apply for the DRC mentored practicum and Small Claims Court Intensive Program.
Continuing Education Credits Available
- $795 Early Bird (available until May 26, 2019)
- $895 Standard
- There is a special rate of $750 for participants living in Kent, Auburn, Enumclaw, Covington and Maple Valley, as well as for students and employees of Green River College.
(payable in addition to standard registration fee)
- 36.75 CLE credits approved for attorneys licensed in WA State, 2.00 ethics and 34.75 law and legal procedure ($125 payable to DRC upon registration)
- 37.5 CEU credits approved for licensed social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists ($125 payable to DRC upon registration)
- 37.5 clock hours for educators ($75 payable during class to Puget Sound ESD)