Dates: August 18, 19, 24, 25, 26, 2018 – 8:30am to 5:30pm
Location: Seattle University School of Law – Sullivan Hall, 901 12th Ave., Seattle, WA, US 98122
Learn the facilitative mediation model that will give you the foundation needed to handle conflicts between neighbors, employers-employees, merchants-consumers, landlords-tenants, plus a variety of interpersonal conflicts.
- Acquire the skills needed to become a professional facilitative mediator
- Develop expertise in the interest-based approach
- Participate in focused role-playing from comprehensive case studies
- to be a neutral third party
- to manage highly charged negotiations
- to empower clients to find solutions
This course meets the basic mediation training requirement for certification through the Washington Mediation Association.
By completing the classroom training, you qualify to apply for the DRC mentored practicum. Ask about an application.
- $795 Early Bird* (until July 27, 2018) *Note: Please select the appropriate rate option and the discount will be automatically applied.
- $895 Standard
- $350 Seattle University Law Student Rate
Continuing Education Credits Available (payable in addition to standard registration fee)
- 36.75 CLE credits approved for attorneys licensed in WA State, 2.00 ethics and 34.75 law and legal procedure ($125 payable to DRC upon registration- pending approval)
- 37.5 CEU credits approved for licensed social workers, mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists ($125 payable to DRC upon registration – pending approval)
- 37.5 clock hours for educators (additional $75 payable during class to Puget Sound ESD – pending approval)
Registration for the August BMT is full. A few more spots will likely become available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list.